Thursday, July 12, 2007

No Mo' Franco!


It's official. The grim reaper has commeth and taketh the old man away.

Julio Franco has been designated for assignment and is no longer a Met.

All I can say is ......Yesssssssss!!!!!

Yessssss!!! Yesssssssss!!!! Yesssssssssssssssssssss!

OK time to calm down my enthusiasm.

I love Franco, don't get me wrong. But let's face it, that roster spot is too important now to have Franco occupying it for sentimental reasons. He's great for the clubhouse and the players but we need the bat and versatility more. So sorry Old Man but you gotta go. Thanks for making sure Beltran didn't alienate himself from the fans by making him take that curtain call, it is much appreciated. That basically saved him from certain death in NY. Holla back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor, old Julio. I shed a tear for Julio last night. . .tear of joy that is.

He'll be a Mets bench coach in the near future.