Wednesday, June 27, 2007

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!


Boooooooooo!!!!!

Scott Schoeneweis

Boooooooooo!!!!!

Here's a new nickname for ya buddy - "show me the door"

Yep, if you didn't figure it out already, Scott "Show Me The Door" Schoeneweis entered the game last night and gave up the game-winning homerun to extremely light-hitting rookie second baseman Brendan Ryan. All game long, the SNY TV announcers kept mentioning how low of a homerun threat Brendan Ryan was. So as I watched the ball sail over the left field fence in the 11th inning, I couldn't help but think to myself "You've gotta be freaking kidding me, right?"

But I should have seen it coming. The hour... minute... second... millisecond it became apparent that Schoeneweis was coming into the game, everyone in the park, and those watching at home, pretty much had that uneasy feeling in their stomachs.

So Beam Me Up Scotty comes in, gets ahead of Ryan and then, for some strange reason, throws a fastball right down the heart of the plate. And just like that, ballgame over.

Booooooooooooooo!!!!!

The crowd booed the bajeebies out of Schoeneweis. I mean it was brutal to watch. I ALMOST felt sorry for the guy but he's a major league ballplayer getting paid major league bucks to get out major league hitters, which, ironically, Brendan Ryan might not even be. He's more of a Quadruple A hitter this stage in his career. I mean the guy only had 19 plate appearances in his life and 3 hits coming into last night's game, all singles. So to allow a homerun to this guy is pretty much unacceptable. Booooooo!!!!

I know Willie must feel the same way as the fans when Schoeneweis comes in but what is he going to do? Not play the guy? They're not paying him millions of dollars to sit the bench and rot.

Here are Schoeneweis' stats on the season: 30 hits in 27.2 innings pitched, .283 BAA, a 1.81 WHIP and a 5.86 ERA. But here's the worst stat of them all. 20 walks in only 27.2 innings. To put this in perspective, C.C. Sabathia - a starting pitcher - only has 17 walks all season. In 122 innings no less. So Schoeneweis sucks. Majorly.

Booooooooooooo!!!!!

What does Schoeneweis himself think of his performance? Here's a quote:

"My Mom could get in there right now and hit a home run"


That sounds about right Scotty. If I had to make a bet, I'm putting my money on Momma Schoeneweis. I heard she has a quick bat and a Barry Bonds-like presence in the batter's box.

Booooooooooooo!!!! Boooooooooooo!!!! You suck!!!!!!!!!

I'm done booing Scotty. Just show him the door already.

Holla back.

No comments: